Ten Steps to Buying
These are the steps:
1. Determine how much home you can afford. You can do this by using my Finance Center Tools.
2. Conduct a preliminary search with My Home Search. You may even want to save some of your
searches and schedule home showings online.
3. Contact a Mortgage Consultant and get your mortgage pre-approved.
4. Contact me at 256 339 8220 or firstname.lastname@example.org; I will help you find a house that you will LOVE!
5. Once we find a home on which you
want to make an offer, we will negotiate your offer. Once your offer is accepted, we will work through all of the details outlined in your contract, before you know it, you will be ready to make your closing appointment. The home will be YOURS!
6. Having a home inspection to
ensure there's nothing you don't know is for your protection, this is done after you have made contract. It’s also a
good idea to get homeowner’s insurance quotes to find out the cost. Also, it's something you will want to protect your investment.
7. I will send your contract to your loan officer so they can begin the appraisal. And, lock in your interest rate. Your loan officer will send
you a new good faith estimate which shows your monthly mortgage payment
as well as your estimated cash needed for closing. I will send your contract to the Closing Attorney or Agent to do the title search and exam, and prepare the new deed. The Attorney or Closing Agent will let us know when the paperwork is completed. From there we will be able to establish the date and time of your closing.
8. Notify your phone company, utilities (don't forget water and sewer), moving company, post office, newspaper and magazines, friends and family (see our moving checklist) and change your mailing address.
9. Pack and move!